Useful Information & Frequently Asked Questions
Directions! (NOTE - Please make sure you are ON THE FARM!!)
6a, Grove Farm. Grove Farm Lane. Moulton. NN3 7TG.
As you arrive in Moulton village center you will join the one way system. Leave the one way system by turning left after The Artichoke pub. At the mini roundabout turn right. You will now be on Grove Farm Lane, go to the end of the street and drive over the mini cattle grid onto Grove Farm. Follow the farm track all the way up and around to the left. You will be surrounded by lots of farm buildings, you will see my sign on the end of the big barn.
Covid (& other lurgies) -
You will be asked to use the hand sanitiser on your arrival. I will wear a facemask during the entirety of the session, however you do not need to wear a mask unless you choose to. I ask that, where possible, we maintain social distance.
What is the normal photoshoot process?
* As you enter the studio I will show you where the facilities are and provide some health and safety advice.
* I ask that you do not take your own pictures on your mobile devices or cameras.
* If you have any specific photography requests please say so upon arrival, if you haven't done so beforehand.
* Please check your clothing, make-up etc before having your pictures taken and please ensure childrens faces are clean. It's much easier to make these adjustments before we start than have to use Photoshop afterwards.
* Following your session your edited images will be placed into a viewing gallery. This is private and protected with a password that will be sent to you, usually via text, once your images are ready.
* It can take 2-3 weeks for your gallery to be ready for viewing, though you will be advised if there are circumstances which will change this.
* You then simply let me know the reference number of the images required and the sizes, or you can purchase all images on the gallery in high resolution format.
* Payment methods: Cash, PayPal, Card, Card payment link sent to a mobile phone, Bank Transfer.
* USB p&p is £4.50
*If you have a specific deadline please mention this upon your initial enquiry, I am always happy to accommodate.
Please be advised that session fees are non-refundable. If you are unable to make a session, please get in touch and we will try to accommodate with an alternative appointment.
What to wear?
When working with the 'white' background it is recommended that you try to avoid very pale colours. However this very much depends on the overall look you want to achieve, I have photographed families before in white t-shirts and blue jeans with a great end result. Small patterns can sometimes get 'lost', but bold colours help the image to look vibrant and add an element of fun.
When working with the black background, dark clothing will fade into the picture. Again many people are hoping to achieve this to make their faces the main focus of the image. You are more than welcome to bring changes of clothes with you.
What to bring?
You are welcome to bring anything along that you want to include in your photoshoot, for example any toys, teddies, changes of clothes, props etc.
Newborn/baby sessions -
* Plenty of feed, if bottle feeding.
* Dummy, if using.
* Change of clothes. If you plan to have family pictures please bring a change of clothes, in case baby has an accident on you! (Believe me it will happen!)
* Old towels and blankets (for the above reason).
* Anything you wish to be included - such as special teddy bears, blankets etc.
* Snacks and drinks - especially if breastfeeding.
* Bringing a sibling? Get in touch for sibling advice.
If you are feeding yourself this may be a great opportunity to sit down, put your feet up, with your book and magazine. The sofa is in viewing distance of the photography area, so you can still provide input and direction as and when necessary. If baby can smell mum's milk they can become a little restless! Baby will mostly be naked and will quite likely require feeding. I'm sure you can imagine the results for poor mum! Please bring an old towel to place under baby and a spare t-shirt, just in case!
Cakesmash & Bath sessions -
* Cake - please avoid vivid coloured icing. This will stain my backdrops and your child!
* Your childs favourite snack - sometimes a little bribery goes a long way.
* A drink - cake makes your thirsty.
* Bubble bath - or you are welcome to use mine.
* Two towels or a towel and dressing gown - one towel to change and dry the child; another prettier towel or dressing gown for a snuggly post bath shot.
* Parents - a change of socks (the studio gets a bit soggy during the bath bit!)
* A sense of humour.
* Balloons - Please avoid purchasing large foil balloons for the session, you will only have me and my camera reflected back in the image.
Pet Sessions -
* Lots of treats/bribery
* Poo bags
* Toys if required
* Litter tray for cats
Social Media & The Internet
Being a visual business it is always helpful to market my work by sharing images on Social media and on this website. I am always extremely careful about the images I share. If you would not be happy with me sharing any images or placing them on this site, please do let me know.
Please be aware that I do not sell copyright to any of the images I take. My full copyright statement is as follows:
I, Laura Hall, The owner ("Owner") of the copyrighted photograph (the "Work"), do not sell copyright of any images/Work taken as a
service under Bring Me Sunshine Photography. In purchasing the images/Work this allows you the rights to print and to publish on
social media, as well as to distribute amongst friends and family.
The images/Work are not to be used for profit making purposes including competitions, advertising or any other profit making exercise. You are prohibited from using the Work for any other purpose, including: using, reproducing or distributing the Work and/or materials incorporating all or any part of the Work for profit; selling or distributing electronic copies of the Work as standalone files or as part of a product from which a person is able to extract the Work as a standalone file; distributing the Work in or as part of an electronic template (e.g., as an image available in a word processing or web page creation application) intended to be reproduced by third parties on electronic or printed products; or using the Work as part of a trademark, service mark or logo.
Upon purchase, including payment of deposits, you are agreeing to these terms of the copyright notice and have no rights to make
claims against the above mentioned terms.